Dambusters - Time to Head Home
Joe McCarthy and his crew in Avro Lancaster ED825 AJ-T, head home over the breached Möhne Dam after their own attack on the Sorpe in the early hours of 17 May 1943.
This painting was commissioned by Zero West Watches to commemorate the launch of a new watch of theirs which contains metal from this very aircraft which we recovered from a French hillside many years ago. I was happy to help them secure the molten aluminium and to advise on the historical aspects of the aircraft to make sure that the watch is a fitting and lasting memorial to the crews that flew in ED825.
Overall limited edition of 130
No's 1-100 signed by the artist....£50
30 Artist's Proofs signed by the artist ...£65
Remarques may be available, please contact Mark for details.
The original painting is with Zero West Watches and may be for sale, please contact them directly.
- PRINT INFORMATION
- Image size:58cm x 38cm (23" x 15")
- Overall size:64cm x 46cm (25" x 18")
- Limited edition of:100 + 30 Artist's Proofs
- Product code:P255Year published:2022
- ORIGINAL PAINTING INFORMATION
- Original painting size:36" x 24"
- Original painting price:Negotiable with Zero West Watches
- Original painting status:FOR SALE