Destiny in the Clouds
Hurricanes of 605 Squadron intercept a Dornier 17 over the south coast of England, 24 September 1940. After shooting down the Do17 the two nearest Hurricanes were bounced by Me109s off the French coast and the Polish pilot of P3832, P/O Józef Głowacki, was shot down and fatally injured. The lead Hurricane R4118, flown by Flt Lt ‘Jock’ Muirhead returned safely and still flies today with Hurricane Heritage as a lasting memorial to all the pilots who flew Hurricanes in the Battle of Britain. ‘Jock’ Muirhead was killed in action just three weeks later.
This new painting was painted over a period of three months from July to September 2023 and was inspired by the artist's own flight in a Hurricane alongside Battle of Britain veteran R4118.
Overall limited edition of 130
No's 1-100 signed by the artist....£50
30 Artist's Proofs signed by the artist ...£65
Remarques may be available, please contact Mark for details.
The original painting is now for sale, click here for details
- PRINT INFORMATION
- Image size:49cm x 34cm (19" x 13")
- Overall size:57cm x 43cm (23" x 16")
- Limited edition of:100 + 30 Artist's Proofs
- Product code:P263Year published:2023
- ORIGINAL PAINTING INFORMATION
- Original painting size:40" x 28"
- Original painting price:£8000
- Original painting status:FOR SALE